Sunday 27 November 2011

My DT card for One stitch at a time challenge 90

Here is my project for this weeks One stitch at a time challenge, our theme is "Seeing Red". I decided I wanted to make a card which incorporated some Ferrero Rocher chocolates and this is what I came up with. Why not come over and join us HERE

I started with a piece of A3 card and made the box shape on one end, then folded over the remainder of the card to make an opening card.

The image I have used is by Beary Dust stamps and is available HERE. I coloured the image with Promarkers, adding glitter to the hat and top of the mug, punched Holly leaves out of the corners of the image and added green card behind, then added red gems for the holly berries. I embossed the red card behind the image through a Creative Expressions embossing folder before sticking to the card.

I added acetate to the aperture and edged with gold fine line peel offs and then put 5 yummy Ferrero Rocher in the box part.

I am entering this card into the following challenges

Anything challenge Food related
Creative Card Crew Monochromatic
Papertake Weekly Christmas Crackers
Sassy Cheryl Anything goes
Shopping our stash Christmas related
Top tip tuesday More than 1 fold
I love Promarkers Anything goes
Papercraft star Anything goes
The paper shelter Green, red and gold

Thanks for looking x

19 comments:

  1. I've seen these candy cards and wanted to make one ... some day. :) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this is a card and gift in one, how neat! The image is adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful...my four favorite things, Christmas, teddy bears, cocoa and CHOCOLATE..not necessarily in that order..LOL.
    What a truly wonderful and creative gift you've designed here. Nicely done. ;)


    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie awesome idea to make it a gift box cum card!!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project and using my favourite sweets! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, love this project, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that image is so sweet! And what a great idea for a small gift to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card, and I LOVE what's inside it !!! LOL Thanks for joining us at TTT this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a yummy card! Sure to delight! thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy yummy Julia! Love it, can't wait to make one of these.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is definitely a delicious make! What an adorable, cute image!

    love, MagsB x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two of my favorite things. . . .the color red and chocolate! How'd you know?! LOL
    This is adorable and will make an amazing gift.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's ANYTHING GOES challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful gift and lovely idea.

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum yum you can send this one to me!! thanks!
    Love these little boxes with chocolates in! Great colours and lovely finished card/pressi Thanks for coming to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our More than 1 fold challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popping back to say-- Thanks for joining us on the Anything goes challenge this week, hugs Samantha (Guest Designer) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just brilliant! one of my favourite sweets! hugs

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card/gift - love it :)

    Thanks for joining in with our ‘More Than 1 Fold’ Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
    Look forward to seeing you again next week :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this idea - it looks amazing! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful.. Very lovely work..Thanks for joining us at TPS this week..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x