Sunday 2 October 2011

A quad easel card for Tonys 70th Birthday

From one side
From the other side
From above

I don't have a DT card for OSAAT this week as I did not receive an image to play with so I thought I would post a recent card I made for my Mum's partner Tony for his 70th Birthday.

He is an avid bird watcher so I thought I would make a card with digi images of 2 owls and 2 birds, I downloaded the free images ages ago from Craft Gossip and thought I would make my very first quad easel card.

First of all I made a base card out of A3 card, it measured approx 8.5 x 8.5 inches and then covered it with some pretty papers from the new Summers End Nitwit Collection.

I then made 4 slanted easel cards from card measuring 8 x 4 inches to start and then added the images to the 4 easel cards after matting and layering onto some brown paper and more patterned paper and then just stuck them onto the top of the base card.

I printed off 4 labels from the summers end collection after adding the words Happy, 70th, Birthday and Tony onto them in word and stuck on the base card, they don't need to act as stoppers for the easels as the way they are displayed upright they support each other in the right position.

I then added some brown Card Candy from Craftwork cards to each image square and the base to finish it off.

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges

Creative Card Crew Easel Cards
Deep Ocean Happy Birthday
Oldie but goodie One for the boys
Partytime Tuesdays Anything Goes
Simon says stamp Anything goes
365 cards At least 3 birds
Card makin Mamas More than 1 fold
Crafts 4 Eternity Anything goes
Crafty Catz Things with wings
Fussy and fancy New Technique
2 Sisters Fancy folds
One stop craft Just for men
Creatalicious Anything goes

Thanks for looking x

16 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous and I bet he loves it. Such a lot of hard work but it has paid off. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creation,thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow never seen a more fun easel card

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow julie this is one stunning creation lov e it
    thank you for joining us at the crafty catz this week lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Julie this is totally fantastic what a brilliant design and I love those images
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's cool! thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really unusual and fab. Thanks for playing along at An Oldie But A Goodie this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie! This is an outstanding project with all of your fancy folds and beautiful bird images. What a lovely and thoughtful card.
    I need to go back and peek at it again!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "Try a new Technique" challenge!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fancy fold puts my simple gate fold to shame... this is absolutely fantastic and thanks so much for linking up with the card makin mama's this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Julie, what a fabulous card and such an amazing technique fold, I think I would have tide my self in knots!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card love theshape you have used thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning shaped card.
    Unfortunately to qualify for the prize at An Oldie But Goodie you need to use either a rubber or acrylic stamp 6 months or more old.
    Thanks for sharing your work with us though.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, this is incredible, it must have taken hours! Love the masculine images, male cards are so hard to do, and here youve made a four in one! I bet he is tickled pink by this, so thoughtful of you to go the extra mile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie your card ia fabulous, I've never seen a quadruple easel card before, love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge and helping us reach over 1000 entries :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never seen a card like this before. It's a shape that is cool to admire. Love your images too.

    Thank you for playing Party Time Tuesdays with us. It's always fun to see new faces! :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!!! love it!!! great idea!!!! thanks for playing with us at DOC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x