Friday 23 July 2010

A little green basket


I thought I would have a go at making a little basket using this cute free digital image that Paula from Pollycraft Designs gave everyone this week if you entered her freebie challenge last week.

I made the basket from some green Bazzill 12 x 12 card. I cut it down to 9 x 9 inches and scored at 3inch and 6 inch mark and then cut and glued to create the basket . The handle has been stuck on with some brads so the handle can move. I have done the image on both sides of the basket.

I have used Promarkers to colour the image with 3 shades of green, they are Marsh Green, Apple and Meadow Green. The pretty daisy strip part on the handle was cut using my Martha Stewart punch.

I cut the coloured images out with my circle nestie, matted onto a light blue circles and then onto a darker blue scalloped circles.

I have shredded some green ribbon to hide whatever I decide to put in it before I give it to someone.

I am entering this into the following challenges
Pollycraft Designs Use your freebie from last week
Colour Throwdown Colours used

Thanks for looking x

3 comments:

  1. That's a sweet little basket! The image is so cute! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, isn't this sweet! Glad you were able to put the CTD colors to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little basket! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x