Thursday 17 June 2010

A birthday card for Olivia

Its my daughter Freya's best friend Olivia's 13th birthday this Saturday and this is the card I have come up with for her.
I have made a middle stepper card using one of my most favourite craft tools, my scor-pal. I have the metric and imperial versions.
The image is made using 2 Magnolia Tilda stamps which I have used the masking technique on to sit her in the swimming ring. I have coloured the image in with Promarkers. I have had these 2 stamps for ages but have never got around to using them.
I then punched the 4 corners with my Martha Stewart butterfly corner punch, and matted and layered onto pink card and stuck onto the blue stepper card.
The backing paper on both sides is from a 6 x 6 paper pad from the Forever Friends With love pad which I have matted and layered onto pink card.
The letters and numbers have been cut out using my Olivia Cuttlebug alphabet die set. The butterflies have been cut using the X-Cut butterfly punch and I have added 3 sparkly gems to each one and stuck onto the card with pinflair glue. I hope she likes it.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges
Stamp something Happy somethings
A spoonful of sugar Enjoying the sunshine
Papertake weekly Ice cream flavours - strawberry and bubblegum flavours
Tuesday morning sketches A step ladder card
Quirky Crafts Summer
Lexis creations Something old
Charisma Cardz Bling
Treehouse Tool time challenge
Paperplay Something old
S2G Something old

Thanks for looking x

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Happy birthday to Olivia! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Love the soft cards and that fun fold. Thanks so much for playing along with our Happy challenge at Stamp Something, hope to see you back again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Olivia will love it, if not, can I have it?! ;) What a sweet card, really cute. Thanks so much for playing at Lexi's. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is gorgeous what a wonderful style the colours are fabulous so is Tilda I love it Olivia is sure to as well.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a very cool card! love it! glad u joined in at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart melts everytime I see Tilda. And you've displayed her beautifully! Thanks for joining Lexi's Creations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have brought your "A" game for sure! This is awesome! Love all the butterflies and the lovely soft colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! this i s gorgeous I love the soft colours and the fab design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the ladder fold technique! This is such a sweet card, perfect for a summer birthday.

    Thanks for participating in this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and hope to see you again next week!
    Jessica, TMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable hunni she will live it :D Thanks for playing at LC

    Hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card. Simply perfect for a 13 year old.

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Love the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to our TT Challenge! thanks for playing this week....did you try out for our DT? if not...what ya waiting for? DEIDRE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card, Julie - I love it (and more importantly, Olivia will too!).

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card and I'm sure Olivia will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x