Tuesday 7 July 2009

Help!!! I need some help with Martha Stewart Punch

This is my second post today so scroll down for previous posts

I went to the Newbury Show at the Weekend and picked up some Martha Stewart punches as they are so lovely but I am having trouble with one of them so I was wondering if anyone could help me and let me know if its something I am doing wrong or if its a faulty punch.
I don't know if you can see it very well in the photo but when you look at the border where the joins are there is a ridge and the right hand side of the scalloped edge is deeper than on the left is this normal because of the design or could I be doing something wrong.

I notice on this punch that there markers on both sides of the punch as well as in the middle of the guide, these markers are not on either of my two other Martha Stewart punches so I am wondering if I might not be using it correctly.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I haven't got this punch, so I can't be exact, but it does sound like it's faulty. My Doily Lace MS punch is faulty - I can butt the paper up to the edge on one side of the handle but not on the other, so I have to be really careful when I line it up. Try emailing Bev (email on her blog at bevscrafts.blogspot.com) as I'm sure she'll know if the punch needs to be used in a particular way. Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you've emailed Bev, but she mentioned a similar prob with the punch I bought at the weekend. You have to have your cardstock slightly longer than you need it and trim it off so that it balances or punch border on a piece of scrap and work out where to start on the cardstock you are going to be working with - not sure I'm explaining that very well ..
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x